I am very excited to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Catherine at londonlately. I’ve been reliably informed that ‘leibster’ comes from a German word meaning ‘favourite’ or ‘dearest’ so I’m incredibly grateful for Catherine’s nomination. So, what exactly do these awards entail? Well, I believe it goes something like this …
The Liebster Award is a fun way to recognize and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers. Nominees are asked to:
1. Post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions they’ve been asked.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs and ask them 11 questions of their own.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
So, first things first (or last things first, I suppose), the Liebster Award logo.
Now, 11 facts about myself. I can’t promise that all of these will be interesting, but I can promise that they will all be true!
1. My favourite food is potatoes. My first choice would always be mashed potatoes, but I’m also a big fan of chips (particularly from McDonalds).
2. My second favourite food is steak. I am gradually eating rarer and rarer steaks – I used to be a well-done kinda-gal but I’ve progressed to medium. I might one day make it to rare.
3. Moving on from my favourite foods, I adore Sophie Kinsella’s Shopoholic series. Actually, I really like all books by her. In my final year of an English degree, something funny, easy-to-read and engaging is just what I need so I’m crossing my fingers for her next book to come out soon.
4. I could quite happily drink G&Ts with my cereal for breakfast. Thinking about it, I’d probably be happy using gin instead of milk.
5. People who randomly stop walking in the middle of the street make me irrationally angry.
6. I’d like to have a ‘style’ but I am too comfortable in jeans, cardigans and, more often than not, slippers.
7. There are numerous things I want to achieve, like playing guitar, playing the piano, speaking French, speaking Spanish, making pastries, understand photography, the list goes on and on.
8. I hope to one day have a home with floor to ceiling books shelves that look arty but are filled with books that I have actually read. I’ve already started on my library collection and you’ll be pleased to know that it’s developing very nicely!
9. August is my least favourite month.
10. I hate energy efficient bulbs because while they may be efficient in terms of energy usage, they are completely inefficient in their ability to light up a room when you need it to be lit.
11. One day, I will finish writing a novel. And it will be worth reading … I hope!
Righty. On to my questions form Catherine.
1. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be and why?
Anywhere else? Because anywhere would always be London. But if it had to be somewhere different then I’d love to try out New York.
2. First website you open in the morning?
Normally AOL for my e-mails. Sometimes Facebook. Sometimes other blogs.
3. Describe the most scrumptious meal you’ve ever had
Steak and mash potato (see above!) from Gordon Ramsay’s Maze Grill. It was a surprise birthday meal which made it even more enjoyable.
4. If you could be famous for any reason, what would it be?
Writing. Definitely. If I’m ever famous, I hope it’s for the brilliant novel that I’m yet to write.
5. What’s something you’re looking forward to in the near future?
Moving further into London. Although I’m excited and nervous in equal measure at the moment.
6. Current TV show obsession?
Both Vampire Diaries and Grey’s Anatomy. I’ve followed The Vampire Diaries since the beginning but I’ve only started watching Grey’s Anatomy so Season 9 is my first!
7. Name a song that reminds you of high school
Embarassingly, the first one that came to mind was Akon’s “So Lonely”. We listened to it on repeat on a school coach ride. The second song that came to mind was The Kook’s “She Moves in Her Own Way” which was also played a lot on that trip.
8. Share something quirky/interesting/random that you learned in the last week?
Oooh difficult one! I learnt that there are Liebster Awards for bloggers!
9. Give an example of book-to-movie adaptation that you think actually worked really well
The Hunger Games. Although this might be because I watched the film before I read the book!
10. Who inspires you?
11. Which birthday was your favorite?
19th. I hadn’t really planned anything so it was wonderfully relaxing with steak and cocktails in the evening!
And finally, 11 other blogs and 11 other questions.
1. Which is your favourite month and why?
2. What is your single, most important possession.
3. Describe your very first memory.
4. Who is your favourite author?
5. If you could only visit one city in the world, which would it be?
6. Facebook, Twitter or both?
7. What would you choose for your last meal?
8. What made you decide to start your own blog?
9. What is your favourite film?
10. Who do you think is the world’s most loved celeb?
11. What is the last song you listened to?